This year I am going to be doing something different with the goals that I set for myself. I will be posting them on this blog and not in a word document for my personal use. I am hoping that this will help keep me accountable to everything that I want to get done this coming year.
It seems that every year I tell myself that I am going to get more writing done, going to get that novel finished, this year will be the year that I get something ready to be published. And every year so far I have fallen short. I believe that the main reason for this is that I am not holding myself accountable. It is so easy to look at everything that happens in the day and forget the time that I wanted to use for writing. “Oh, I’ll just do it tomorrow,” is such an easy excuse. But then tomorrow the time slips away and next thing you know, I’ve gone a month without writing. This year is going to be different. This year, I will get something done. And this will keep me accountable.
I keep reading that you can’t do this author thing alone. Well I’m putting my goals out there so that more then just myself can keep me accountable. We can do this together. Now to the list!
1. Read 50 books in the year 2015 – I have set up a page on this site to show my accomplishments on this goal this year. At anytime this year you will be able to see what books I have completed.
2. Finish at least two 40,000 word novellas – I would like to get two written this year, all the way through the editing process.
3. Get set up to publish the two novellas as e-books.
4. Write everyday – Even if it is just for 30 min. on my lunch break.
5. Write two blogs on this site per week and keep things interesting.
6. I’d like to be able to spend some time learning to read and write Kanji.
7. I would also like to spend some time learning how to use Blender.
Goals can change as the year goes along so I will stop here for now. I also plan to keep up with these goals every month. There will be one post talking about my accomplishments and where I have gotten up to that point.
What are some of your goals for the upcoming year?